Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I feel awful about missing so many meetings. I kept thinking that I would be able to find the time and in the end just had far too much to do at work and home...the end of the semester + holidays is such a busy time! Anyway, I had really been feeling Chinese Class withdrawal symptoms until yesterday when we had our final and I got to see my favorite professor and TA again (and classmates). I need to practice reading and writing Chinese at a faster pace so I don't take say almost 2 1/4 hrs to do a 2 hr test. If I had not felt so rushed, it would have been an easy test. :-)

So, I really logged on to the group today to let everyone know about this cool flashcard system that I use to practice characters.

Mnemosyne is a flashcard program where you can import cards on any subject and it will quiz you based on how well you rated your knowledge of each bit of information (in this case, each character or word). After you download the program itself, you can import flashcards for any of Integrated Chinese (or all of level one anyway) as well as a lot of other Chinese vocabulary sets, including the HSK exam vocabularies.

Also, this site has flashcards in several forms, including Mnemosyne and PDF (for printing on business cards or other paper) and other types of files too.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
Wo xiwang xiage xueqi neng jian nimen!
Wow, I hope I got that word order right...

No comments: