Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cool Tools for Learning Chinese

From ChineseExpat.com:
Chinese Pera-kun

Have you ever wished you could hover your mouse over a character or group of characters and see it’s pinyin and meaning instantly?

Well, a plugin for Firefox, Chinese Pera-kun, can help you do this. It’s not perfect but it comes close.


To get Chinese Pera-kun, just go to its plugin page, download then install it, and drag its icon onto your navigation bar through View -> Toolbars -> Customize.

Also, check out Remembering Simplified Hanzi which is also mentioned on the same Chineseexpat.com page.

3 comments:

The Kanji Hanzi Hub said...

Hello there,

Thanks for your visit to the Kanji Hanzi Hub :-)

But most of all THANKS A LOT for this information!! I've used the Firefox plugin Rikaichan a lot for Japanese and found it indespensible. I had in mind to go searching for something similar for Chinese, but now I don't have to.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Ge Daozhen said...

Hi, Happy 2009! I do love Pera-kun. I use it all the time nowadays. It means I don't have to keep flipping over to a dictionary when I'm reading Mandarin online.

Bri Hodgkins said...

Oh my god, this is amazing!!! I just downloaded Firefox today to try this and it's amazing! It even works in my online email! Thanks a bunch!